Criminal Injury

Criminal Injury Compensation Claims


If you, a friend or family member have suffered some type of criminal injury, through no fault of your own, you may be eligible for claiming criminal injury compensation. Criminal injuries are pursued through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority, otherwise referred to as the CICA.

Personal injury compensation claim sheffield barnsley rotherham doncaster chesterfield solicitorTo find out if you have a claim for your criminal injuries contact us now on 0114 256 0111, or email us or fill in the contact form now.

We have considerable experience in handling Criminal Injury Compensation Claims and will be able to assess your case quickly and advise if you have a claim, which we can then make for you if you wish.

 About the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board

The CICA was created to help victims of crime and the families of victims claim compensation to help deal with the aftermath of the crime they have suffered. If you can prove that you were injured through criminal activity undertaken by someone else, chances are you will have a good chance of claiming for compensation.

What CICA compensation might I get?

The amount of compensation awarded from the CICA can vary and is dependent on your circumstances, the level of injury and the impact it has had on your life.

At Adam Law Solicitors, we have dedicated, caring and sympathetic experts that understand your circumstances. Our aim is to deal with you claim in a quick and professional manner with your needs at the heart of what we do.

Claiming for Criminal Injury Compensation

To claim criminal injury successfully through the CICA, you will need to fill in the appropriate application form. In addition, you must also meet the following requirements:-

If you yourself are the victim of violent crime:-

  • You must have been the “innocent victim of crime”.
  • The crime must have taken place within the last two years unless the claim is for abuse.
  • You have suffered a physical or psychological injury as the result of a violent crime.

If you are the relative of a victim of violent crime:-

  • You must be a close relative of someone who died as a result of a violent crime – parent, child, partner or spouse.
  • The death took place within the last two years.

If you have a close relationship with the victim of a violent crime:-

  • You were either present at the crime or involved immediately in the aftermath of the crime.
  • Your involvement led to you suffering a psychological injury.
  • The crime happened within the last two years.

There are also other requirements for claiming criminal injury compensation from the CICA for your personal injury. These can be discussed when you contact our criminal injury solicitors for free no obligation advice.

Don’t delay you cannot make a claim for CICA compensation if the crime took place more than two years ago (except for abuse).

To find out if you have a claim for your criminal injuries contact us now on 0114 256 0111, or email us or fill in the contact form now.