Motorcycle Accident Claim
At Adam Law Solicitors, we are here to help motorbike riders just like you, get access to necessary motorbike accident compensation. Our experts offer a motorbike accident claim service which is designed to suit the specific needs of motorbike enthusiasts.
What can I claim for in a motorcycle accident claim
A motor cycle accident claim can be for many things. It can be a simple motorcycle injury claim. This would be purely for compensation for injuries sustained in a motorbike accident. However, many claims need to take into account life-changing consequences. You may need to seek compensation for matters such as;
- Loss of earnings, both immediately whilst off work and long term if your future earning potential is diminished as a result of the accident
- Stress and other mental health issues arising from the accident
- Ongoing medical support
- Adaption of your home to accommodate any long-term injuries or disablement
- Professional care such as nursing, cleaning etc
- Rehabilitation costs such as physiotherapy and other forms of therapy
This can make a claim for a motorbike accident a complex matter. This is why you need to seek advice from experienced specialist solicitors such as Adam Law Solicitors.
It is important to act quickly, contact us now and we will give you a free assessment of your situation and advise on your claim.
Phone us on 0114 256 0111 for a free consultation, or email us or fill in the contact form now to find out if you have a claim.
What to do if you’ve had a motorbike accident
If you have been injured in a motorbike or a cycling accident which wasn’t your fault then you have the right to claim compensation from the person or party which caused your accident.
As with any accident on a public highway you must
- make a note of the make, colour and model of any other vehicles involved, with their number plates
- note any damage to other vehicles involved
- make a note of the other drivers’ names and addresses
- do not make any admissions about liability
- try and draw a rough sketch plan of the accident scene and where the vehicles ended up (if possible go back later and take some proper measurements)
- write down your version of the incident
- get photos taken of your injuries
- get names and addresses of any witnesses
- see a doctor as quickly as possible so that your injuries are noted
- see a doctor again if your conditions worsens or new injuries emerge
Get your Free Consultation now
To find out if you have a claim for your motorbike accident contact us now on 0114 256 0111, or email us or fill in the contact form now.
motorcycle accident claim time limit
What is the motor accident time limit for making a compensation claim? To make an injury claim for a motorbike accident that wasn’t your fault you must normally start a claim within three years of the accident. But there are exceptions, this can be complex and is another reason to contact us as soon as possible.
Don’t delay, the sooner you act the better your recall of events and the sooner we can get the compensation that is your right.
How much is a good settlement for a motorcycle accident claim?
Whilst there are guidelines for compensation for different types of injury this is only the start of many motorcycle claims due to their often complex nature. This means it isn’t very useful to look for a motorcycle accident claim calculator. You are advised to contact us as soon as you can and we will be able to advise about the possible size of your compensation.
What if the other party wasn’t insured, or fled the accident scene?
The Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) is a scheme that all UK based insurers must pay into to cover such eventualities. We can advise if you are eligible to make a claim with the MIB.
Why appoint Adam Law Solicitors?
- We are specialist personal and road traffic injury solicitors. We have many years’ experience and have successfully settled many, many cases. Take a look at our reviews and testimonials. We have a pool of expert advisers and barristers we use when making a claim. So we can ensure you get the best team for your particular claim. We are determined that our clients receive the very best compensation that is their due as a result of their misfortune.
- As experts in motorbike accident claims, we know just how important your bike is to you, as a mean of transport and leisure. This is why the service we offer for motorbike accident claims is specially designed to help motorbike riders who have been involved in accidents on the road where they were not to blame.
- Because of our expertise in this area, we can give advice and support on a range of motorbike injuries you may have suffered compensation.
- Sadly other road users just don’t understand how vulnerable a motorbike driver and their passenger can be, so they often don’t take sufficient care around motor bikes. Roads and road surfaces are made for four wheeled vehicles. Even if you are well dressed with protective leathers and a good helmet and drive with great care and foresight it can only take a careless driver pulling out or cutting you up for an accident you can’t possible avoid.