Bike Accident Claim
how much is a good settlement for a bike accident claim?
A settlement for a bike accident claim will depend on the specific nature of the injury, damage and losses you have sustained as a result of the accident. This means that any cycling injury or accident compensation award will often be made up of several factors, all of which need assessing for the scale of their impact. So there is little value in drawing up a bike accident compensation calculator. It would be too complex to be helpful.
There are guidelines for compensation for different types of physical injury and this can be a useful starting point. But many other factors often need to taken into account. For example:
- Immediate loss of earnings whilst off work recovering from the accident
- long term loss of income if your earning potential is diminished as a result of the accident
- Stress, trauma and other mental health issues arising from the accident
- medical support after the initial recovery, often needed with serious injuries
- Adaption of your home to accommodate any long term injuries or disablement
- Professional care such as nursing, cleaning etc
- Rehabilitation costs such as physiotherapy and other forms of therapy
You can see that making a claim can be a complex business. You need specialist, experienced legal advice and representation to ensure you get the best compensation for what can be a life altering event.
bike accident claim time limit
What is the time limit for making a cycling accident compensation claim? To make an injury claim for a cycle accident that wasn’t your fault you must normally start a claim within three years of the accident. But there are exceptions, this can be complex and is another reason to contact us as soon as possible.
We are experienced cycling injury solicitors. Our dedicated cycling accident compensation team are on hand to offer guidance and support when you need it most.
Have I got a bike accident claim?
Take our free consultation to find out
If you’ve had a cycling injury or bike accident that wasn’t your fault then please contact as without delay. We are very experienced in cycling accidents and will be able to assess whether you have a claim you can make. It’s important to act quickly while your memory, and any witnesses memories is clear.
Phone us now on 0114 256 or email us or fill in the contact form now to find out if you have a claim.
Whether you cycle to work, cycle for a hobby or are a professional rider, we know there’s a great feeling to be had from riding your bike that you can’t gain from walking or from driving everywhere.
Unfortunately, cycling can come with its hazards, which can come at a price as we know all too well at Adam Law Solicitors.
Types of cycling accident claims
Our experience at Adam Law in cycling accident compensation claims means we have dealt with wide variety of claims involving:
- bike accidents caused by another vehicles. You may have being knocked off your bike because of a car, motorbike or lorry driver not paying attention.
- Cycling accidents caused by pedestrians. You may have been knocked off your bicycle due to a lack of care by a pedestrian. For example, if a pedestrian steps out into the road without looking this could result in a cycling accident claim.
- Cycling caused by poor road conditions . This could include bicycle accidents caused by potholes or other uneven road surfaces and bicycle accidents caused by ice in areas which should be gritted to minimise the risk of accidents.
- bicycle accidents caused by faulty products. If the bike you are using was faulty and this caused an injury, this may result in a case for compensation.
Don’t delay contact us now.
We have had many successful bike accident claims. We will give you the advice and support you need to make your cycling claim a success.