Driving whilst disqualifed is a very serious offence and can carry a prison sentence.
Driving whilst disqualified is an absolute offence. This means there is no defence other than to prove that you weren’t actually disqualified at the time. However a ‘special reasons plea’ can be entered and this can result in a lesser penalty being imposed.
This makes it essential you appoint a solicitor who is an expert in the law and fully understands how to mount a mitigation in your case. As the penalites for driving whilst disqualified can be severe a succesful mitigation plea can make a significant difference.
Did you know?
- You can be interviewed at the police station whilst under arrest or as a volunteer and that you are entitled to Free and Independent Legal Advice Whilst at the Police Station?
- That this offence is punishable by imprisonment
- That there is no defence other than to prove you were not subject to a ban at the relevant time and it is not a defence to not know that you were banned.
- 6 penalty points, an extended ban, a community penalty or even a sentence of imprisonment.
What we can do for you
- We provide a free 30 minute initial consultation. We will present your case before the Court should you wish to instruct us. There is no charge until you instruct us to represent you at Court.
- We can evaluate and advise you on the strength of the evidence and provide you with copies. Remember you are part of your legal team and you make the decisions, we are there to advise you.
- We can represent you at the Police Station.
- We can check with the Courts as to when you were banned and the length of ban to see if you were in fact disqualified.
- We can mitigate on your behalf to achieve the best possible outcome in all of the circumstances.